Service>Useful Info


date: 2023-12-01 10:53 source:Hong Kong Tourism Board

Visas to the Mainland

Most foreign nationals require a visa to enter the Mainland. Visas should be obtained from the Embassy or Consulate General of the People's Republic of China in the applicant’s country before departing to the Mainland. A standard China tourist visa is good for sightseeing and visiting friends and relatives, and can be obtained for a single entry, double entries or multiple entries. Other visas such as business visas or working visas are also available. For details, please contact your nearest Chinese embassy or consulate.

144-hour Convenient Visa to Guangdong Province

Foreign nationals in Hong Kong can visit China’s Guangdong province for a maximum of 144 hours (six days) via entry ports in Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Zhuhai, Foshan, Dongguan, Zhongshan, Jiangmen, Zhaoqing, Huizhou and Shantou* using the 144-hour Convenient Visa.

To be eligible for the 144-hour Convenient Visa, visitors:

Must join a tour organised by a registered Hong Kong travel agent.

Must travel in a group consisting of a minimum of two persons and a maximum of 40 persons.

Can have a choice of ports of entry or exit in Guangdong province.

Must enter and leave the areas together in their group via the ports of entry stated above.

*Travellers must enter and exit via the same port.

At the ports of entry and exit in Guangdong province, immigration officers will examine passports and the list of names in the group. Group members will not need to fill in any immigration cards for passport stamping.

The above policy is applicable to ordinary passport holders of nations with diplomatic relations with China, and subject to change without prior notice.

You may contact your hotel concierge or tour operator in Hong Kong to find out about the application procedure and related service charges.

Visas to Macao

Visitors to Macao Special Administrative Region are required to possess a valid passport and entry permit or visa for entry. Nationals of 76 countries and regions are exempted in accordance with the written instruction of the chief executive of Macao. Please see further details here.

Reprinted from the website of the Hong Kong Tourism Board,click here.
Scan to open the current page on your phone